Have you started the 60:60 challenge as outlined in the book “Soul Revolution” yet.
Talk to someone at the church regarding this life changing challenge as you spend sixty seconds of every sixty minutes in the Word of God, and open yourself to what God is revealing to you.
Download the App for your smartphone today!
Below are images of the Easy to Find – Easy to Follow Logo in several different sizes that can be used as desktop backgrounds for your computer. If your desktop display sizes are not shown below, please email with the size you need and it will be uploaded for you. We are working on a mobile version too for tablets and other mobile devices.
The Super Bowl of Dodge Ball
Our teens are invited to participate in the Super Bowl of Dodge Ball, here at the church on Saturday night, October 13, at 9:00 p.m. There will be free pizza, door prizes and life size Angry Birds. Bring guests! Parents and Adults: Pastor Jeremy needs cookies, brownies, veggies or any other snack items for this event!
Grief/Loss Support Group/Class Continues Monday Evening
Iona Sewell, therapist at New Day Counseling and Education Services in Greenwood, continues a grief recovery group ton Monday Evening at 6:30 p.m. here at the church. It’s OK to begin attending even if you have missed earlier sessions. There is no charge.
From the Delegates to the Congregation: Pastor Appreciation
The entire month of October is Pastor Appreciation Month. We encourage you to express your appreciation for our pastors in various ways, such as cards, making something special for them, taking them to a special event or out to eat, making it possible for the pastoral couple to go out on a date. Be creative! We will not be receiving a special offering, due to the upcoming special offering for the pastors at the Christmas holiday..
Campground Open House in October
An open house to introduce our Wabash Park Campground to surrounding communinities and to Wabash churches will be held on October 20, rain or shine! Plan now to attend!
Cookies for the Campground Open House
Light and Life has agreed to donate several dozen cookies for this event so if you can help out please sign up in the foyer.
Would You Be Interested in Going on a Mission Trip
Would you be interested in participating in a missions team? All three pastors are working on ideas for missions experiences in the United States and overseas. Watch the Light and Life church calendar for an information/interest-gauging meeting in October.
Master Service Breakfast
They will be meeting October 11 at the IHOP in Avon starting at 8:30 a.m. They will be having a guest speaker: Dan Mauer. Plan now to attend.
Neighborhood Harvest Party
Join us for a Neighborhood Harvest Party – Food and Games for Everyone!
Hayrides, Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Inflatables, Cotton Candy, and more!
Sunday, October 28 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Trunk N Treat from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. – Fun Costumes are welcomed!
A BIG Change in Plans
in order to do our very best at welcoming friends and neighbors to Light and Life, the BOA decided last Monday to postpone the Neighborhood Part and combine it with the fall Harvest Party. This means that there will be no picnic here on September 23. The new date will be Sunday, October 28, and the combined event will feature elements of both events. Please mark your calendars today, and if you’re going away on Fall Break, plan to be back on Sunday!
Sign-up for a HomeChurch Group Today!
You can sign-up for a fall HomeChurch group in the foyer. HomeChurch groups are asked to meet ten times from late September to the end of the year. Many options are available for you, and you can join a new HomeChurch group or, if it is still be offered, join the HomeChurch group you were in last spring. Newcomers are especially welcome! If you have questions about HomeChurch, find someone who attended last spring, or ask, any of the pastors about the groups.
Campground Children’s Center Meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m.
Come to tonight’s (September 9) information and fundraising meeting to hear about the new Children’s Ministry Center planned for Wabash Park Campground in Clay City, IN. Pastor Deana is one of the leaders in this effort. Cheesecake and other desserts will be provided, and you will also hear from the Light and Life children’s choirs. You will have the opportunity to hear about the vision for children’s ministries at Wabash Park and to make pledges toward this vital addition to our campground ministry. If you have more questions, please see Pastor Deana.
Campground Open House in October
An open house to introduce our Wabash Park Campground to surrounding communities will be held on October 20. Light and Life will need to provide ten dozen homemade cookies for this event!
Come Join SoulShift Class!
Pastor Chet is teaching the class SoulShift at 9:15 a.m. in the choir rehearsal room in the east hallway. Even if you didn’t get started the first week, this is a class you’ll appreciate and benefit from. Newcomers are welcome!
Being an Old-Fashioned Christian in the Digital Age Series continues Today with iSee
Pastor Chet continues the sermon series started just past Sunday today, with “iSee” Families are encouraged to discuss these themes together, as Pastor Jeremy taught last Wednesday on this theme, and Pastor Deana will teach on it this morning in children’s worship. Check out together what was similar and was different in each of the presentations. PC’s messages are also available on iTunes and other podcast services, and through the church website.
Grief/Loss Support Group Class begins October 1
Iona Sewell, therapist at New Day Counseling and Education Services in Greenwood, will begin a grief/loss class on Monday, October 1, meeting from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. each week through November 5. There will be no charge for these classes, through an offering basket to assist with travel and materials will be available. Iona is a member of our Columbus church. See Pastor Chet if you have questions about these sessions.
DOK 46 Meets Tuesday Night
Daughters of the King (DOK) for girls in grades 4-6 will meet Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. at Pastor Deana’s house.
Thank you to all those who made last Tuesday’s Starting Strong Banquet for new Free Methodist pastors a great success. It takes many hands to set-up, decoration, serving and clean-up possible.
HomeChurch Fall Session Groups
- Sunday: Leaders to be announced, meets @ Bob & Deana Hayes’ home in Plainfield at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Leaders – Jeremy & Sara Lefler; meets at their home (parsonage) at 6:00 p.m. (restricted to young adults)
- Monday: Leader – Beth Cullison; meets at Rod & Lori Eccles home in Plainfield at 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Leaders – Doug & Mary Boyd (w/ Pastor Chet and Dawn Martin); meets at the Boyd’s home in Avon at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Leaders – Ken & Nancy Lancaster (w/ Eric & Pam Schafer); meets at the Schafer’s home in Avon a 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Leaders – Joe & Nora Young (w/ Linda Samaritoni); meets at Ken & Becky Wright’s home in Plainfield at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: Leaders – Craig & Michelle Clark; meets at their home in Planfield at 7:00 p.m. (This group will not meet until the first week of October)
- Friday: Leaders – Tery & Lorilee Rhoades; meets in their home in Avon at 7:00 p.m.
The Light and Life KidSing Praise Choir is for preschool through Kindergarten aged children.
The choir typically rehearses every Sundy during the Praise and Worship section of the Worship Service, just prior to Children’s Church.
Listed below is the schedule for the Fall and Winter rehearsals and performances:
- September 9th – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- September 16th – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- September 23rd – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- September 30th – Performance (practice at 10:00 a.m.)
- October 7th – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- November 4th – Rehearsal at 9:30 a.m.
- November 11th – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- November 18th – Thanksgiving Performance (practice at 10:00 a.m.)
- December 2nd – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- December 9th – Rehearsal at 10:30 a.m.
- December 15th – Christmas Cantata Rehearsal at 10:00 a.m.
- December 16th – Christmas Cantata Performance (practice at 10:00 a.m.)
For more information regarding the KidSing Praise Choir, join our facebook group.
The Light and Life M3 Choir is for children from 1st Grade through 5th Grade.
The choir typically practices every other Sunday at 4:00 p.m. at the church. Listed below is the fall and winter schedule.
- September 16 – Rehearsal at 4:00 p.m.
- September 30 – Rehearsal at 4:00 p.m.
- October 7 – Rehearsal at 4:00 p.m.
- November 4 – Rehearsal at 3:00 p.m.
- November 11 – Performance (practice at 10:00 a.m. prior to service)
- December 2 – Rehearsal at 4:00 p.m.
- December 9 – Rehearsal at 4:00 p.m.
- December 15 – Dress Rehearsal for Christmas Cantata at 10:00 a.m.
- December 16 – Christmas Cantata Performance (practice at 10:00 a.m.)
For more information on the M3 Choir, join our facebook group
Adult Choir Practice
- Adult Choir Practice begins September 9th and 5:00 p.m. Newcomers are welcome. Contact Marcia Leis with any questions.
- HomeChurch signups begin next Sunday, September 9th. Have you prayed about participating?
Community Life Night
- Come join in on all the Wednesday night activities for children, adult and youth at 6:30 p.m.P
Pray for our missionaries
- Bryan Cullison – Los Angeles
- Rob & Jenn Moore – San Francisco
- The Longs – Greece
- The Cruces – Peru
- The Yardys – Asia
- The Willsons – Malawi
- Sunday, September 23rd from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WMI Fall Retreat – Anchors Away!
- September 7th and 8th – from Friday at 6:00 p.m. to Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
- Registration forms are located in the foyer. For additional information, see Pastor Deana or Dawn Martin
Christian Life Club – starts next week.
- CLC is a weekly, church sponsored club-type ministry for children age 3 through grade 6.
- Kick-off is Sunday, September 9th at 9:15 a.m.
HomeChurch is the small group ministry at Light and Life Free Methodist Church.
The next wave of HomeChurch is set to begin after Labor Day. Look for announcements coming soon.
Congratulations Pastor Matt
Congratulations to Pastor Matt Schutter and his wife shara upon their recent announcement of accepting an appointment in Wabash Conference to serve as senior pastor at another Free Methodist Church. Pastor Matt’s duties at Light and Life will end on Sunday, June 17, and he will assume his new role on July 1. Please keep the Schutters in your prayers during this time of transition.
Farewell Celebration Planned
Our fellowship committee is planning a farewell celebration for the Schutters, to be held on Sunday, June 10, at 5:00 p.m. This will involve a carry-in dinner as well as gift presentations and other memory-oriented fun. Please arrange your schedule to be able to participate!
If you did not receive a photo directory last Sunday, please see Cindy Cantrell or Kim Sneed to claim yours!
Congratulations, High School Graduates!
We will honor four high school graduates in our service on Sunday, June 3, Cole Davis, Daniel Eccles, and Hannah Sheets will graduate from Avon High School, and Lauren Eisenhart will graduate from Danville High School.